Working for Nederlandse Loterij means working in a dynamic and professional environment. To stay ahead of today’s competitive online gaming industry, our company is continuously evaluating and rebuilding our strategy. In order to do this, we challenge and support our employees to get the maximum out of their talent.
Our company has great social responsibility and one of our goals is to make the Dutch society ‘happy and healthy’. To obtain this goal, we carry out our returns through the Ministry of Finance, which is given to the NOC*NSF, the overall coordinating Dutch sports organization, and 18 other charities.
Since Nederlandse Loterij is preparing itself for the future open sports betting market, we are looking for someone who is able to develop the product proposition, tools, external suppliers and internal employees required to become the number one in the open sports betting market in The Netherlands.
You will be responsible for developing the trading strategy, ensuring overall performance is maximized in line with company strategy. In addition, you will be responsible for management and development the trading team and external suppliers.
The key responsibilities are:
- Responsible for the trading strategy and the results of all trading operations;
- Setting up a sportsbook offer, product and pricing strategy together with the Sportsbook business director
- Definition, monitoring, reporting and close control of all trading KPIs;
- Focusing on improving the customer experience, making the product as engaging and customer friendly as possible;
- Defining and managing the risk strategy and player analysis (responsibility of taking final decisions and provide proof of evidence when incidents occur regarding responsible gaming (excessive wagering), fraud (money laundering) and collusion (retailers and players playing together);
- Managing the team of 7 traders, supporting their personal development in line with individual development plans and the needs of the department and business;
- Driving the performance of the team through regular and meaningful performance conversations;
- Assist with improving and developing trading tools;
- Introducing internal policies, processes and best practices in order to provide maximum operational efficiency;
- Dealing with external suppliers and internal stakeholders to achieve efficient performance across all operations
You are working during unsociable hours with the flexibility to work at any time including evenings, nights, weekends and public holidays. You have experience as head of trading, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience as trader. You also have experience in managing high team performance towards strict KPIs.
Other requirements of the head of sports trading are:
- Excellent knowledge of the sportsbook product, excellent knowledge of football and a passion for sport in general;
- Excellent knowledge and competences within odds compiling, risk management / trading;
- Proven track record of delivering value added results on Sportsbetting as well as developing this product vertical;
- Highly skilled in knowing how to run a Sportsbetting operation in different channels (retail & digital);
- Be able to think quickly and work under pressure with minimal supervision with a good mathematical ability;
- An excellent communicator who is comfortable dealing with senior management and internal and external senior level stakeholders;
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to solve problems creatively.
- Capability of growing a team of traders, in the sense of delegating responsibility and grow the commercial understanding.
You will work at the sportsbook department. Every function is an indispensable link with us. That means that your impact is great and we give you the space to further develop yourself and the position.
Furthermore, we offer you:
- Full-time employment;
- Plenty of training- and development opportunities;
- Able to work independently;
- Great atmosphere;
- Excellent remuneration;
- Relocation package;
- Competitive salary.